Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's Tuesday again!

Seems Tuesday is my official unofficial blog day! I think it's easier to blog when the kids take good naps and they take the best naps after playing hard at MOPS!

Today I  wanted to update y'all on my Love Dare experience. I can sum it up in two words: I suck. I don't know if anyone has done the Love Dare before, but day one is patience. I don't have patience. At all... Probably one of the reasons we go through these 'tense' periods in our relationship. Anyway, everyday I start the day out going, 'OK today is the day!' And then end the day with, 'Oh shoot... I totally wasn't patient with the Hubby today!!'

I really want to thank my friend Kendra for encouraging me to continue! Hopefully with her help and encouragement (plus knowing that this blog and potential readers can and probably will hold me accountable!) I will make it past the dreaded day one!

Been reading up what God says a wife should be. It's one of those passages where you read it and think 'Wow, I'd love to be that!' but at the same time it makes you squirm because you aren't that woman. Here's the passage I've been focusing on (and trust me, you probably already know it!)

1 Peter 3:1-6
Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

Wow... I just reread the passage... And I am thinking of a prayer request I made to my table today. I mentioned how the Hubby was worried about just being a 'Sunday Christian' and not really connecting with the Lord outside of church. Wonder if God is trying to say something with:  if any of them [husbands] do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives. I got just got chills! Isn't it such an eye opener when you feel led to a passage in The Word and it connects to what you are going through in more ways than one?! I think the time for my words to the Hubby to stop and let my behavior speak for itself. I think working double time on this patience thing is in order! I was going to talk about how I loved lines 3 and 4, but seems God has something else he would like me to learn from that passage!

With all that said here is my prayer request to you readers: Please pray with me that I can be patient with the Hubby. Pray that the Lord will open and change my heart to make me into the wife He dictates in the Bible. I pray that by doing so not only will our relationship become  deeper and more meaningful, but also that it will put the passion for the Lord back in the Hubby's heart!

On an unrelated note, I also have a prayer request for an idea I got brewing! Please pray that with the help from some of the amazing MOPS ladies (and my wonderful Mom!) that we can create a 'miracle' for a friend! I know without the Lord we won't be able to help, but I know with His backing we can move mountains!
 
Thanks in advance for the prayers! Many Blessings!
SAHMommy

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I just love reading your blogs! They really hit home and I wanted to encourage you again. We were actually talking about this in our MOPS group this morning. I feel that God is telling me to have a servants heart towards my husband and to be grateful about it. It is no easy task by any means, but I have found that when I actually carry this through things go smoother. I feel connected to my hubby on another level and that makes me grateful that I listened to God. Maybe try having a different attitude as well. I know that you can do it, NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES! You will get there!

    ReplyDelete